Monday, June 1, 2009

DAY ONE: Travel & Registration


I made it! I am here in sunny Los Angeles enjoying the hazy warm weather. My hotel, "The Ritz Milner" is about a 15 minute walk from the convention center. It's pretty ancient and somewhat run down, but it's clean. After checking in, I headed out to the expo to get my badge.

This event is massive. Outdoor video game advertising surrounds the convention center. The ads are sweet, my favorite being the Final Fantasy trio that covers three 14 story buildings.

Inside, most companies are still setting up, getting ready for the insanity that tomorrow will bring. The line up at the international registration booth is short. The man in front of me is from Japan and he came here without an invitation. The E3 staff politely tell him to leave (CRAZY). Two seconds later I have my badge, and I wonder if it's smart to wear it out on the street...

There are lots of good restaurants on the way to the expo, but I also have the option of the 24 hour IHOP and the 24 hour SUBWAY right beside the hotel. :)

Tomorrow I am bringing my digital audio recorder in hopes to get some sound bytes to go along with my pictures. This is going to be fun! More pictures here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=129257&id=608075070&l=65f8817bae

No comments:

Post a Comment